Region 3 Invitational
March 4-6, 2016
LAWS OF THE GAME
• All games will be played under international rules (FIFA)
DURATION OF GAME
• Preliminary games will play 2-35 minute halves.
• Semi-finals and finals will play 2-35 min halves.
Ball Size: 5
UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
• Each player must wear shin guards and an official uniform with a number on the back.
• The home team will wear light colored jerseys; visiting team will wear dark colored jerseys.
START OF THE GAME
• The home team will choose the side of the field they wish to defend.
• The away team will kick-off to start the game
• After a goal
• Before a goal kick for either team
• Before a throw-in in your favor
• At half-time or before the start of any overtime period
• In case of injury or any stoppage of play (with referee’s permission)
• Six (6) points will be awarded for a win
• Three (3) points for a tie
• One (1) point for a shutout
• Zero (0) for a loss
• One (1) point will be awarded for each goal up to a maximum of five(5)
• In a 0-0 tie, three (3) points will be awarded to each team with no additional points for the shutout
TIE BREAKERS IN TOTAL POINT STANDINGS
1. Head to head competition between teams that are tied
2. most goals scored, no maximum
3. fewest goals allowed
4. most shutouts
5. penalty kick shoot-out, 5 players per team; if still tied, sudden victory penalty kick shootout
THE GAMES, SEMI-FINALS AND FINALS
• Games that are tied at the end of regulation time will end as in preliminary rounds.
• In the event of a tie in a Semi-Final or Final game, up to a 10 minute overtime will be played. In the event the match is still tied at the conclusion of the overtime, penalty kicks will be taken as listed below. Home team will call coin toss to determine kick-off.
In the event that penalty kicks must be used to determine a winner in the preliminary or final rounds, the format will be as follows:
• Each team will select five (5) players to kick. Only players on the field at the end of the game may be selected.
• Teams will alternate kicks. First team to kick will be determined by the referee’s coin toss.
• If the score remains tied after five (5) kicks, teams will alternate kicks one at a time until a winner is determined.
• All eligible players must kick before any eligible player can repeat.
• Goalies may be changed after any shot.
*Tournament Director reserves the right to switch teams in any quarter-final or semi-final games which would have teams from the same state playing each other.